Sunday 9 October 2016

Skincare - Step 2 Toning

My last post was all about cleansing. In this post I will talk about Step 2 - Toning.


Until a few years ago toning was a step that thought was unnecessary. But what I now know is that it's a quick and easy step in my routine and makes quite a difference.



Toning is an important step after cleansing. It's good for restoring the skin's pH level and getting the skin ready for the following skincare steps.


After cleansing, skin needs a range of ingredients to restore and repair its surface. I like a toner to contain antioxidants, cell-communicating and skin-repair ingredients.

The right toner can give your skin just what it needs as well as providing a bit of extra cleansing just in case you missed some areas.


My skin is normal to oily so I use a toner that is specially formulated for my skin type. It is in a water-like consistency and I apply it on a cotton pad (just three drops) and swipe over all of my face, neck and chest.

I am currently using Paula's Choice Hydralight Healthy Skin Refereshing Toner.
It has been sadly discontinued but I will switch to the Paula's Choice Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner when I've finished it. It's available from the Paula's Choice Australian website for $32.



It's fragrance free and very light in texture. Fragrance can be quite irritating for skin and for me it can exacerbate oil and shine.

Be mindful of course to choose a toner that suits your skin type. Again the products I use suit normal to oily to combination skin.

Toners for oily skins shouldn't contain ingredients that are irritating and likely to make blemishes worse. Toners for dry or sensitive skins need a formula which is soothing and comfortable.

I tone twice a day, morning and night, straight after cleansing and before exfoliating.

Give toner a try and let me know what you think.

Until next time xx


No comments:

Post a Comment