Sunday 28 August 2016

Getting back on track

I'm about to take you on a journey. A journey of getting back on track.

A freshen up of my hair colour always does great things for my self-esteem

For the last couple of months I've been going through a challenging time. Unfortunately, I have let my healthy lifestyle and wellbeing slide - too many hours, not enough gym and poor eating choices.

At first I thought it was fine as my clothes still seemed to fit okay but then other things started happening. I got sick, very sick, not once this winter season but twice. Last year I didn't even have a sniffle.


The other thing was I started feeling very sluggish during my few and far between gym sessions.


And now the weight gain has caught up with me and my clothes don't fit the way I'd like.



So it's time to get tough. I don't call it motivation because it's about being conscious of the goal and the goal is be healthy and feel good again.

And there's nothing to lose, but everything to gain. I'll start feeling stronger and more capable during my gym classes.  I'll sleep better.  My blood cholesterol will return back to normal. I'll start to feel better about myself and not do any of that nasty self-loathing stuff.


My family are honest - they are not afraid of telling me if I'm doing something to tarnish my chances of success. "Mum, why are you eating that?"

I do know that since I've been in my 40s, managing my weight and diet is far more challenging than it was in my 30s.

So what am I going to do - back to doing three gym classes a week. I have a great instructor and social network, so that keeps me keen.




I'm starting to cut out the junk food until the cravings disappear and then I'll start working on my portion sizes.


I've started weighing myself again (first thing in the morning) and I'm currently about three kilos above where I want to be (it's so close, yet so far). I'm also starting to track my food, exercise, water and weight using the My Fitness Pal app. It does take some effort but if I do so, it always works.


I know it will take a few months to get things moving, but slowly is the safe way.

So for me I think it's obvious that I need to treat my body with a good solid routine. Regular gym sessions, walking as often as possible (I'm looking forward to returning to walking home from work), eating clean and having the occasional splurge on the weekend and being kind to myself. And also I'll remember what Michelle said in the book Losing the last 5 kilos.



I'll keep you informed on my progress.

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment