Sunday 22 May 2016

My Style - Perfume

I have always been a perfume lover and I love to wear it every day. I always feel well presented when I finish off with a fragrance.



My inspiration for fragrance is always by smelling perfume on others. I'm loath to spending time in a department store smelling fragrance after fragrance.

Sometimes when I see a fragrance I haven't worn in years I'll let my kids smell it and ask them if they remember it. They'll often say, "Yeah, we were living in... when you wore this". It's amazing how we can remember certain moments in our lives by a scent.

A firm favourite, and something I have purchased many times, is J'Adore by Christian Dior. This fragrance purchase was inspired by CC, a gorgeous blonde from the Gold Coast.  It's very sexy - very night time. Myer describes it "The story of the Eau de Toilette is written around flower essences. Each essence is obtained through distillation, the Haute Parfumerie procedure that reveals the lavish, radiant and delicate facet of each flower".



A recent favourite is Hypnotic Poison again by Christian Dior. This was inspired by two work colleagues, Mel and Anthea, who wear it daily. It's bold, distinctive and long-lasting. If I want something to last all day, this is the fragrance. If you want a subtle fragrance, this not the fragrance for you. Myer describes it "Seeped in extreme natural tones, Hypnotic Poison Eau de Parfum draws its strength from powerful absolutes."



For Her by Narciso Rodriguez was inspired by a work colleague, Kate. She always smells amazing and this is another go-to scent that is perfect to wear everyday. Myer describes it as "An elegant, sensual, mysterious and delicate fragrance. Three notes enhance the heart of musk: floral, amber and woody notes."



Black Opium by Yves Saint Laurent was a duty free purchase when I went to the States last year. I'm often asked about this scent whenever I wear it. It's another fragrance that's great for night-time. Myer describes it as "The Black Opium girl is a modern Rock Chick. She lives life with passion and dares to be different. A wild ride fuelled by stay-up-all-night coffee notes supported by white musk and orange blossom".



Daisy by Marc Jacobs was a gift from my husband or kids - I just can't remember which. Great for daytime and something that makes me feel really feminine. Myer describes it as "Fresh and feminine, Daisy is a playful bright and alluring scent. Daisy captivates with the luscious freshness of wild strawberry, then blooms with the modern vintage edge of velvety violet petals and finishes with a luminous blend of gardenia and jasmine".



Fragrances I wore in the past that whenever I smell them now take me back - way back in time:

Anais Anais by Cacharel (released in 1978)



Giorgio Beverley Hills (released in 1981)


Paris by Yves Saint Laurent (released in 1983)



Beautiful by Estée Lauder (released in 1985)


Loo Loo by Cacharel (released in 1987)


Joop Femme by Joop! (released in 1987)


Red Door by Elizabeth Arden (released in 1989)


Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden (released in 1993)


Baby Doll by Yves Saint Laurent (released in 1999)


Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana (released in 2001)


Glow by Jennifer Lopez (released in 2002)


Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely by Coty (released in 2005)



Kylie Minogue Darling by Coty (released in 2006)
I'm always on the lookout for something new and distinctive. I just wish there weren't so many to choose from.

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment