Sunday 15 May 2016

My Style - Dresses for Work

Once upon a time I would never be seen in a dress. I just didn't think they suited me. Once I worked out my body type, thanks to Trinny and Susannah and Gok Wan, and then which styles worked best with my shape, I discovered that wearing a dress could be a good thing.


I have a 'straight-shape' which is pretty much the opposite of a lovely girly 'hourglass-shape'. So I need to find styles that enhance my shape instead of making me look shapeless.


I focus on finding styles that are figure-hugging, that create a waist, have a nice length and line. Here are some of my favourites.

This Events black dress has such a lovely cut, I just add a blazer to change the look.





Every time I wear this Queenspark blue and white striped dress I get lots of comments. It does a great job of enhancing my shape.


I love the detail and bright colour of this Charlie Brown dress.


This one is from Target and is a very different A-line style for me.



An old Events dress but a good one.



I loved this Zara dress but unfortunately it was stolen a few months ago when a basket of our laundry disappeared. Argh!



This DecJuba dress is made from gorgeous smooth silk and has pockets - how clever.



Another Queenspark black and white dress but this time with a splash of teal. I always team it with matching earrings and necklace.



This Events black and white dress always looks nice paired with red earrings, necklace, shoes and a red lip. In cooler months I team it with a long red cardigan.




This is a recent purchase from Jacqui-E. I really must stop buying black and white dresses clearly.



As you can see I'm pretty much sold on dresses and now they make up a big part of my work wardrobe.

Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment